Wednesday, October 16, 2013

STEP SEVEN: FISH and SEAFOOD

Know, just for a heads up. The only meat that I eat is fish (mostly salmon) and stay away from all other meat.(long story)The knowledge I know of about everything I have posted are from various sites and from Josh Woodcook. Just look him up. I'm too lazy to talk about his vast knowledge of literally everything!
Anyway!

This post is all about fish and seafood. Now, you want to be careful about the seafood you eat. You want to always keep in mind that the best meat from the ocean that is good for you need to have fins and scales. Such as tuna, carp, salmon and herring. I always buy my salmon "fresh caught". I don't want to take the chance to buy farm bread fish in case they have anything out of the ordinary fed to them. You can never be too careful now a days.
There may be a lot of you thinking why I don't have lobster or shrimp or who knows what else up in that list. Well, the reason is because those sea animals are scavengers. That means they will eat ANYTHING, and whatever the animal eats is in it's system and you pretty much take in it's lack of nutrients. To elaborate, scavengers like to eat dead carcases, poop, sewage, etc! So, think twice about what you eat. Fish like salmon and tuna are smart and stay away from contaminated waters. They know it's bad for them! For any of you that like swordfish for an example should stop! Swordfish absorb the bad, dirty water in their bodies and you are getting those toxins as well.

As I have mentioned earlier, I really love and enjoy salmon! And is the best meat you can eat for health! It is loaded with Omega-3 and provide bioactive protein molecules that provide special support for joint cartilage, insulin effectiveness, and control of inflammation in the digestive tract and so much more!

It is so important to know what animals are good for our bodies from the animals that will hurt our bodies. Our bodies will thank us forever if we keep it healthy! Portion size is also important! Any meat that you eat should only GARNISH your plate and not take over the whole thing. Meat should be just about or smaller than your grains servings. I usually eat 3-4 ounces of fish 3-4 times a week. We don't need meat in all of our meals. It is very bad to partake of so much meat. Our bodies have a very hard time digesting it. When you do eat a good, small portion, always CHEW YOUR FOOD FOR 30 SECONDS!! It will help the digestion progress so much better!

No comments:

Post a Comment