Thursday, October 17, 2013

STEP EIGHT: LEAN MEATS

Lean meats I suggests everyone to eat would be chicken, turkey, cattle, sheep, goats, deer, and bison. Chicken and turkey may be eaten weekly (twice a week). Before I go on, I want to clarify that before I became a vegetarian, I followed the Mediterranean Diet and at chicken and/or fish twice a week for one or two meals and might I say, I was pretty dang healthy, going to the gym and lost fifteen pounds from doing it! But that's getting off the subject.
If I were to eat meat again, I would only eat lean turkey more often because it has more protein in it than chicken. I would buy my meat from Whole Foods also because I know the meat is coming from a good place, not giving their animals any injections of hormones or other nonsense. SO weekly, eat chicken, fish or turkey.
The other meats you may take in your own preference. I didn't like beef that much when I used to eat meat. I would eat it less often, but just always remember to portion the meat. It's supposed to garnish the plate and DON'T eat meat with every meal. You WILL tell a huge difference when you cut meat back so much.
Now, just as there are certain sea-foods you should not eat, there are other meats you should not eat. You need to stay away from pig, rabbit, camel, canines, felines, and the list goes on! These animals can not break down toxins in their bodies, so anything that they get in their bodies that are bad, will also be absorbed in your system. I know we don't eat cats, dogs and camel, I am just making a point across. Pork is everywhere though! Don't eat it! Texans like pigs for pets because they kill rattlesnakes. There will be times the pig is going to get bit and all the poison and toxins going in to the pig is just getting absorbed. And another thing, pigs are scavengers! They will eat anything! Whatever the pig eats, you eat! 

You are probably thinking that I am Jewish. Well, I'm not. I am a Christian and I wanted to do some research why God asked us not to eat certain meats. Now that we have the technology that helps us know the nutrients that are in animals, yeah, there is a big reason. He wants us to take care of our bodies as much as we do. If you don't believe in God, then look up the research that has been done that is in these certain meats that are bad for you bod.
Now, I am not a PEETA person, but I do think animals should be treated well before they are slaughtered. They should be well fed and not be given any growth hormones. It's not natural.
A couple of months ago, I got into a conversation with my uncle-in-law about the whole "animal cruelty" subject. He used to work on a farm and told me that the place where the slaughtering would happen, was extremely clean! Anything that touched the ground was thrown away. He also told me about an autistic woman(Temple Grandin) that invented of ways to help the animals be calm before they were slaughtered. There are places out there that treat animals with respect and those that don't at all. If you're like me, I like to know the animals were treated well and happy. I usually just shop at Whole Foods for my (fish) and it helps me.

Tips: Don't buy packaged meat. It can have added preservatives and who knows what else. Always buy fresh. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment